Major Project | Memory Beetle: Modelling Progress [1]

Part 1: Preparation and Rough Blocking [1]

Having started modelling it's evident there are a few problems concerned with the design. First and foremost, there must be a soft like exterior for the underbelly to allow part of the beetle to connect to the inner ear. 
Secondly the pivot point tends to rotate out of its original direction over time. 
I found working in-situ easier, but perhaps for the next design I could split the beetle into sections, import each orthograph separately, and oriented them correctly (for instance having the legs which are normally diagonal imported separately so I can rotate it to be as straight at possible, and model it easier). 
Thirdly I need to make sure to rotate the edge loops to better indicate the 'flow' of the model- I'd worked with the horizontal lines but not necessary the vertical ones. 

All in all, though, I'm feel that I'm finding out a lot! I'm starting to get a better idea of the methodology of modelling, and what to/not to do before starting.

Viewport [1]

Perspective View [1]

Perspective View [2]

Top Orthograph View

Side Orthograph View

Comments

  1. Nice to see this taking shape Rachael. :)

    Note: There is a lot of 'modelling steps' images at the start of this post. You may want to consider using/embedding a PDF to gather them together next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan,
      Okay, thanks for the feedback! Will do this for the next post coming :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts