Major Project | Sign-Off Friday! [05/04/2019]

Having considered the character 'Borne' from Jeff Vandermeer's extracts within the book, I decided it would be best if I used some more water based mediums so to capture the fluidity of the creature (watercolour, Indian inks, and digitally replicated watercolour brushes in photoshop etc.). 
Borne is very much transformative and can easily change their body to replicate life around them. Thus their design should very much capture this. Incidentally, Borne does not have one such go to shape, and to accommodate for this it maybe necessary to create 5 key shapes he can transform between; possibly by using 'blendshapes' & poses. As such I've created some 'emotive' abstract shapes he could adopt for specific moments within the book. I felt the portrayal of my own emotions upon the pen/brush could be sufficiently captured in the strokes upon the page. 
I intend to work with some more colour studies as corresponding to specific emotions (as Borne changes colour and smell to communicate), and to do some experiments with 'blendshapes' in Maya.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts