Texture Maps




For this first texture map, I'd referenced dead and dormant coral, from both above, and below, sea level.
This is because I've taken reference, again, from Ernst's 'Europe after the Rain II', with its organic, coral-like structures.
In light of his themes of 'conflict', however, I decided to reference dead and fossilised coral as opposed to the living, more colourful alternative. 
 I'd then incorporated the Frottage work, to get the dimples/dotted texture of the coral. 
The designs need more work though, and it's possible it could be a little too intricate for a 512 x 512 pixel sized document. 



1






2


512 x 512 (pixels)



My second set of designs were inspired by an alternative form of fossil, and things that indicate some passing of time. In this scenario we have a 'fossilied wave', showing how continuous force/turmoil can impact overtime on rocky surfaces.













Comments

Popular Posts