Major Project | The Strange Bird: Text [1st Draft]

Currently I'm working on the first draft for the 'The Strange Bird' page for my final bestiary. I will have to revisit this a couple of times after I've finished the colour studies and designs. See below my progress so far:
Original Extracts from Jeff VanderMeer's 'Borne' (2017):  
Influence map of written extracts from 'Borne' (2017), and 'The Strange Bird' (2017) on The Strange Bird [1]

Influence Map of written extracts from 'Borne' (2017), and 'The Strange Bird' (2017) on The Strange Bird [2]

Influence Map of written extracts from 'Borne' (2017), and 'The Strange Bird' (2017) on The Strange Bird [3]

Influence Map of written extracts from 'Borne' (2017), and 'The Strange Bird' (2017) on The Strange Bird [4]

The following is the first draft of the protagonist's entry in the bestiary. As inspired by the allegorical religious lessons in medieval bestiaries (see here and here), I've created my own version as written by a former company employee, driven to madness in isolation and fear of the great bear Mord:

Comments

Popular Posts