CG Artist Toolkit- Animation: 'Adobe Photoshop to Adobe Animate'


Ghost from Rachael Holyhead on Vimeo.

Today we'd experimented with transferring Photoshop projects into Adobe Animate.
Each layer is put across, separated as it was in the original program, though it was only the Ghost layer I'd actually edited for my animation, in the end.
There's room for improvement, (particularly with emphasising the movement and weight of the ghost. I could possibly use different drawn images of the same ghost to show movement better), but I learnt a lot in the process.
If I carried on with this animation, I'd also work more with the humour of the innocent ghost contrasting so much against the sinister background.

I had a few problems with producing this video...
The first one was the background had gone missing every time I'd exporting the file as a GIF.
Next, Adobe kept sending a message to 'Runtime' asking it to shut it down unexpectedly.
Luckily, I got round both.
With the latter, I'd realised the issue only came up when I'd opened the file options, so to avoid opening the drop-down list, I created a shortcut through Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts>Export, and accessed it that way.
To get round the first problem, I exported it as a GIF sequence, (so individual images), and strung them together in movie maker (since I haven't been familiarised yet with Adobe After Effects- this is something I'll also be looking into this year).

Incidentally I learnt a lot more on top of the original activity, when trying to fix the sequence the day we'd started it, which is a positive.

I do plan to go over possible long term fixes, however, to avoid it happening in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts