Life Drawing- Third Session

20 minute warm-up.
A 'Tonal Study' observing shadows only vs. 'Linear'.
Ten 30 seconds-1 minute poses
For this session, I was looking more into character and the ways of showing the diversity between my observational drawings for each model.
I thought about Egon Schiele's work, and ways in which I could emphasis the personality of the model, (in this scenario, our life drawing lecturer suggested capturing the tension, the 'awkwardness' of a stance, and perhaps. their more 'classical' choice of poses, which hints at the character of the model himself).
We then discussed the ways in which I could retain a kind of 'realistic' feel across into animation, while also clearly showing this sense of character. This is tricky, since the field tends to excel more at stylised/caricatured work, that puts emphasis on personality. I seem intent on drawing things exactly the way they are, but I have limited knowledge of artists who work that way, possibly because stylised tends to works better at conveying emotion and personality?
I think I'm going to need to expand my knowledge of animators, (perhaps even beyond this field altogether), in order to expand my idea of animation as a whole. That way I can draw from some ideas that'll help develop my own way of drawing.
Fine Art and Photography were already things I'd wanted to apply across, into the course, (particularly in their concepts and vast medium range)... Now I could possibly consider them in the physical act of 'drawing' as well?
It needs more work, but I'm glad I'm finally addressing this difficulty now, within the first few weeks of the course. I need to think about this more, so I can clear it up in my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts