CG Artist Toolkit- Animation: 'Abstract Shape Animation' - Part .1

This weeks animation session had us creating an animation using shape and abstraction as a means of visualizing sound. For my clip I chose a song from Glass Animals newly released album: 'How to Be a Human Being', as there's some interesting sound, synths, and beats used that refreshingly break from the common ground, and make it enjoyable to then try, and visualize, in Photoshop.
One problem I did have though was Adobe Premiere's tendency to snap photos, music and clips across whole frames, which meant the transitions were definitely not as clean cut as I'd have preferred. Nat suggested using opacity to help clean them up, but the tool works similarly- snapping whole chunks off and around the main beats. I aim to explore alternative ways of avoiding this... until then, here's the unfinished product so far: 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts